When it comes to relieving anxiety or stress, there are many available options out there. Medications, herbal supplements, physical activities etc. – it’s up to you to choose an approach. People tend to prefer what suits their lifestyle and health attitude best. In this article, let’s focus on natural bitters, or spices.
There are many herbs that have been used in traditional medicine since ages to restore the spiritual balance and prevent potential destructive effects of stressful factors. This is a 100% natural and enjoyable way to regain a composed state of mind when you are on edge. For this end, leaves, roots or flowers can be used depending on a particular plant you choose. Possessing this kind of knowledge is a valuable asset that can be obtained once and used all your life long.
Let’s discuss a healing formulation consisting of three easily available ingredients:
- Lavender. This popular plant is prominent due to its anxiety relieving properties. It has been used since ages in the form of petals, powder or oil. Why we are going to add it to our magic formulation is because lavender can effectively improve general mood and sleep by means of relieving anxiety. This is not just a claim but a scientifically proven fact.
- Passionflower. This herb is outstanding due to its capacity to boost GABA levels in the human brain, which, in turn, promotes relaxation. This means the plant can effectively ease general anxiety conditions while provoking much fewer risks in terms of possible side effects as compared to over-the-counter sedatives that doctors tend to prescribe.
- Valerian root. Calming effects this herbal ingredient provides are generally similar to those described in the previous bullet. The mechanism is based on boosting brain GABA levels too. That being said, valerian root is widely used as a sleep assistance remedy.
These three ingredients are generally safe; they are tolerated quite well by most people. As such, they can be used in a wide range of topical formulations with confidence. The only contraindication you should know is that these ingredients should not be combined with benzodiazepines and antidepressants which are GABA-boosting drugs too.
To prepare bitters based on the above ingredients, take dried lavender (1 ounce), dried valerian root (1 teaspoon), dried passionflower (2 teaspoons), dried ginger (about ½ teaspoon) and dried orange peel (1 teaspoon). To make the infusion, you will also need a glass of alcohol (vodka).
Put all the ingredients into a jar and flood them with alcohol. Seal tightly, then put the jar into a dark, cool place. The bitters can be infused up to four weeks to reach the desired strength. During this period, shake the container on a regular basis, preferably every day. Once you believe the remedy is ready, filter the infusion using muslin cheesecloth.
Now, you have your proprietary anti-stress remedy. Make sure you store it in an airtight bottle or jar at room temperature. Use as and when necessary.
Diet is a major factor considered by most people who want to take care of their health. Many of them, however, focus on healthy weight and cardiovascular implications only. Still, it is also worth keeping in mind that certain foods can boost specific body functions too. Our body decides itself on how to dispose of nutrients we ingest. Still, it is a good idea to be aware of benefits provided by particular foods and take the information in consideration when drawing up your diet with your individual needs in mind.
Sexual performance, the quality of erections, the sperm count and a number of other measures can be affected with a diet correction method. This approach has been used for ages in many cultures. This means humanity has accumulated an immense base of knowledge about a wide range of foodstuffs and their effects in terms of male health. Nowadays, many of the benefits have been confirmed by up-to-date medical researchers. Let’s discuss some topical items which are really worth men’s attention.
- Spinach. This herb is known to promote testosterone production. The effect is achieved due to the fact that the food is rich in folate, which boosts the blood flow. The folic acid’s importance for male sexuality is beyond any doubts nowadays. Just a cup of cooked spinach can provide the body with as much as 66% of the substance’s daily norm. The effect is further promoted by another ingredient, namely magnesium.
- Coffee. This food item features split opinions of experts when it comes to its effect on the human body. Nevertheless, most researchers state a couple of cups per day are absolutely harmless and can effectively prevent such unpleasant condition as erectile dysfunction. This is due to caffeine, the drink’s featured ingredient. The mechanism is based on relaxing penile blood vessels thus boosting the blood flow to the organ.
- Apple peels. Many people prefer to eat peeled apples. This is probably just because they are unaware of the health benefits this part of the fruit can deliver. Studies show that the peels, being rich in ursolic acid, can even prevent or suppress prostate cancer. Statistically, men who eat apples with peels tend to show better prostate condition.
- Avocado. Rich in potassium, healthy fats, nutrients and a variety of vitamins, this fruit is a great source of male power. Zinc, one of the ingredients, has been proven to promote testosterone production, which in turn has a beneficial effect on male libido and the sperm quality. Vitamin E serves for the same purpose.
- Chili peppers. As opposed to a common notion that spiced foods are detrimental to male health, studies show this kind of meal actually pushes testosterone levels beyond average values. The plant contains endorphins, aka ‘the pleasure hormone’.
- Carrots. This vegetable boasts of an undisputable reputation of a healthy foodstuff. Still, many people don’t even suspect that carrots can improve the sperm mobility and count too. Carotenoids are the specific substance that not only gives the vegetable its featured color but also is responsible for the said benefit.